Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti Still Shaking

The Haitian people that have survived the earthquake and the 90+ aftershocks are either starving or dying from their injuries. This picture above is people begging for food. There should be food to go around and that is where we that have can give to those who do not have.


These are people desperately trying to get some water to drink.

I would like to quote a passage from a book called “The Hole in our Gospel” by Richard Stearns.

“For I was hungry, while you had all you needed. I was thirsty, but you drank bottled water. I was a stranger, and you wanted me deported. I needed clothes, but you needed more clothes. I was sick, and you pointed out the behaviors that led to my sickness. I was in prison, and you said I was getting what I deserved.”

The Haitian people are good people. They did nothing to deserve what has happened to them. To be honest I don’t believe anyone deserves what has happened to the Haitian people.

But, you can do something to help. I don’t mean you have to leave your home and go to Haiti. (unless you have the skills and God says GO) But you can help right from your own home. There are people there who are working day and night to help the people. You can help those people helping people. You can give of your money while they give of their time and their energy. Bobby & Sherry Burnette of LOVE A CHILD Ministries are working around the clock to help the injured people of Haiti. You can help Bobby and Sherry with a cash donation and also with your prayers. Just click on the words LOVE A CHILD and you will be directed to the web site of LOVE A CHILD where you can either donate online or go to their contact page and call their offices in Tampa, Florida and speak to one of their staff there to make your donation. But please do something to help.

No comments: