Wednesday, January 06, 2010

From my heart to your heart


Today is a bitter sweet day for me I guess you could say. We are not working in Haiti right now and to be honest don't know if we will ever be able to go back to Haiti on a permanent basis. We have some health issues which at this time make it impossible to do this. But that doesn't mean that we don't still have a heart for Haiti because we certainly do.

Today is a day that I have dreaded every year for over 35 years. It has absolutely nothing to do with Haiti but guess I just have to have someplace where I can vent how I feel on this day. This is the day that our first born child and only son went to be with Jesus. To say it gets easier over time I am not sure is a true statement. I really start during December dreading January 6th. But, I do sit and think about our Brian and his short life (less than 3 years) and I have to say during that time he had a good life. He was not homeless, hungry, without clothes, without loving parents (or just parents for that matter) but even with good medical care in the United States we still lost him. I am thankful that he did have a happy life and his passing at the time spoke to so many people in dealing with their own children.

I don't know if this post will make sense to anyone except me but if it does then that is great. But if it doesn't then maybe it is just something I had to do for myself.

No comments: